LIVE STREAM RESOURCES
May 1, 2020
Dear Eden Road Family,
The sons of Korah longed to gather with the people of God in the presence of God in his house! They sang together, "How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God." (Ps. 84:1 - 2)
We no longer long for the Temple. The strong feeling inside so many of us at this time is not a sentimental desire to gather in the church building. Through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, God is present in the hearts of his children and he is building us up into a household of God! "As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ" (1 Pet. 2:5).
The craving that many feel is the need to gather not in but as the church of God! When those in Christ, indwelt by the Holy Spirit, gather together to glorify God by praising Jesus we experience God's presence in a unique way as the Holy Spirit works jointly in us! We've been missing each other and the joy God gives when we gather with each other to worship God! We've been missing the work of the Holy Spirit in us as he creates unity between us, and communion between us and the Father and Son.
Yesterday we announced our re-Gathering on May 10th. We can't wait to worship God together with you on that day as the body of Christ united. We know you have a lot of questions and we want to answer many of them now. We are very excited to meet together, and we are equally eager to protect the flock and honor the state's recommendations by safeguarding your health in specific ways.
The governor of Texas has referenced a three-phase reopening plan. Today, May 1st, marks day one of the first phase. As a supplement to the update of the Executive Order issued by Governor Abbot lifting some of the restrictions of quarantine, the Attorney General issued a document entitled Guidance for Houses of Worship During the COVID-19 Crisis, giving suggestions to churches during the first phase of the reopening, which will likely extend through most (or all) of May.
While we will begin holding services in person starting May 10th, many adjustments will be necessary to ensure your safety. The information below is designed to answer many of your questions, but we know you will have more. Please call, email, or text us with ANY and ALL additional questions. Here are the basics:
- We will continue to stream services live, and we encourage any and all high-risk individuals to watch the service from home.
- On-campus meetings will be restricted to the worship services during this phase. Sunday School and Bible studies will be held online or will wait until a later phase of the reopening.
- Rooms 1 & 3 in the children's building will be reserved for high-risk individuals who wish to gather together but are uncomfortable meeting in the general sanctuary.
- The north parking lot will be designated for this purpose and a parking attendant will direct those attending the regular service to the south lot.
- Separate doors will be designated for entering (West doors) and exiting (East door) the building, as well as entering (Room 1 door) and exiting (Room 3 door) the room to allow optimal social distancing.
- We will stream the service in rooms 1 & 3 with the air-wall open and seats appropriately spaced in the area.
- Wearing masks has not been required in Tarrant County and will not be required in the service, but those who wish to wear masks are encouraged to do so.
- Extensive disinfection of all surfaces likely to be touched will be employed before and after each service in both buildings, including doors, tables, chairs, etc.
- Every other row in the sanctuary will be left open and we ask that you leave two seats open between households.
- Greeters will stand behind a table in the foyer to ensure a six-foot separation.
- Doors into buildings will be propped open or operated by ushers wearing gloves.
- No paper handouts (bulletins, coloring pages, etc.) will be distributed.
- Prepackaged communion elements will be placed on tables in both meeting rooms (by masked, gloved volunteers) for believing participants to pick up on their way into the service.
- An offering box will be placed in the back of both services to minimize contact.
- Nursery care will not be provided, but the nursery rooms will be open and the services will be streamed there.
- We will be holding slightly shorter, family-friendly services during this phase! Children and babies are more than welcome and their sounds will only add to the joy of a family celebrating God's grace together!
- There is also plenty of room in the nursery for any parent who wants to watch from there with a baby while still practicing social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in both meeting rooms and posters will be hung as helpful reminders of best practices for safety.
We are looking forward to seeing many of you on the 10th! May our period of separation and our re-Gathering cause us to feel in our hearts and proclaim together, "Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever signing your praise...for a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere" (Ps. 84:4, 10)!
on behalf of the elders
Hang tight while we look up scheduled events...
Here's the live stream page for Sunday, March 22, 2020. You can also watch directly in Youtube by following these links: 9:00 am español and 10:45 am. Download the lyric sheets below to sing along with the worship team.
Hang tight while we look up scheduled events...
MEN'S SUMMER BIBLE STUDY AND READING PLAN
We'll be studying the book of Romans using Romans: Encountering the Gospel's Power by John Stott (contact the church office for a copy). Men who follow the study plan will read each verse of Romans at least 3 times, carefully considering each chapter and applying the truth of the text to their lives. We will gather the second Saturday of each month this Summer to fellowship and encouragement. Join us for the challenge!
Eden Road Community Church se complace en ofrecer a la Comunidad Hispana los talleres “Puerta Abierta”. Clases de inglés como segundo idioma y conceptos básicos de computadoras. Estos talleres capacitarán a los participantes con las destrezas necesarias para abrirle puertas a mejores oportunidades.
Eden Road Community Church, 7000 Matlock Rd., Arlington, Texas 76002
- Llamar: (817) 422-8530
- Enviar correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
- En línea: www.edenroad.com
- Fecha límite para registrarse: 14 de agosto de 2017
- Cupo limitado
Donativo de $15.00 para cubrir materiales
Cuido de niños:
Se ofrecerá cuido de niños gratuito hasta la edad de 12 años
On the fourth Sunday of each month, we have a time where you can sit with one of our Elders and find out more about Eden Road. To find out more information, contact Barbara McArthur - email@example.com.